Sunday 18 January 2015

10 Most Haunted Places in Malaysia

Assalamu'alaikum & Good Day everyone!
For my second post in this blog, I would like to talk about The 10 Most Haunted Places in Malaysia.
I've been to some of the places and I would share my stories here for you guys.
For the places I haven't been to, I would write what I read about them and which I find believable for the human mind.

So, to start things of I would like to give a warning.
This post may not be good for the weak-hearted and scaredy cats.
If any of you would want me to elaborate about the stories further, just leave a comment and I'll find time to make a research for you guys and write it down in another post.

#1- First World Hotel, Genting Highlands, Pahang
 

For those who have been to Genting Highland located alongside the Karak Highway connecting Gombak with Pahang, you might be familiar with this hotel's name.
First World Hotel is the largest hotel of Genting Resort, comprising two colourful tower blocks that house 6,118 budget rooms overlooking the outdoor theme park at Genting Highlands. 
Despite the reputation it has, there had been a lot of paranormal occurrences that happened to the visitors here. You can search online about some of it. But this is a story that I have kept to myself and  this is the first time I'm sharing it with people. 
In 2009, some of my friends and I were sleeping in one of the hotel room. At around 1 a.m, a friend and myself heard a sound of a woman weeping. Later on after the incident, another friend of mine suddenly felt a heavy weight on his chest. The next eventful moment was when there all 4 of us saw a shadowy figure coming out of the bathroom which the door opened by itself and walked through our main door heading out.

It's up to you whether you want to believe it or not. It was just an experience that happened to me and a few friends. :3

#2- Pudu Jail, Jalan Hang Tuah, Kuala Lumpur


Pudu Jail was one of the infamous jails in Malaysia. It was located along Jalan Hang Tuah beside the well known Berjaya Times Square near Bukit Bintang before it was completely demolished on December 2012.
Despite being well known for it's time being the cell that had kept dangerous criminals out of the streets of Kuala Lumpur, it is also very well known for the paranormal activities that happened there.

From different sources throughout the internet, there was one story that I find precisely related to one another. When paranormal investigators or some thrill seekers entered the prison grounds, they would all feel like a heavy pressure was placed over their bodies. Some of them would also a shadowy figure staring at from afar and some would even hear the screams of inmates from the caning area on the prison grounds. 

Before it was demolished, I would always drive past the jail on the way back from Times Square and I swear that every time I drove past by, I would hear some soft voices from the jail and if I was lucky, I would sometimes even see some figure standing on the walls looking at me.

Well, maybe it was a feeling but be assured that this place is haunted without any doubts.

#3- Karak Highway, Bentong, Pahang


This story is about the very infamous highway that connects Gombak with Pahang. 
For those who haven't heard of this highway, you could dig up a hole and stay in it. ;)
Karak Highway was built in the 70's and had been serving Malaysians proudly.

Though it is the main highway that connects the two states, some would prefer to take the alternative route through the village.
There are reasons why, the highway is infamously known for the 5 horrific events that happened there.
Some might say they are just myths but to some they are true.
As for me, I would only write 3 stories  about the highway since I love these 3.
Out of this 3, I've only experienced 2 of them and 1 of them is a very famous folklore in Malaysia.

3a- The Family Car Breakdown.
It was a festive moment for all Malaysians and a married couple with their baby were cruising down the highway back home until they reach a very lonely stretched road and their car broke down. It was a shock for the husband since he had checked the engine before they began their journey. So he went out of the car to look at the engine after telling telling his wife to lock the doors. After 20 minutes, the wife started feeling scared since there had been no news from her husband. Time flew by and soon it was already hours yet there were still no news from her husband and she started feeling scared. No long after, a police patrol car drove by and stopped a few feet infront of her car. The wife could see the police car and she saw the policemen waving at her. She opened the door slowly feeling scared and heard that the policemen telling her to walk slowly to their car. She did so while carrying her baby and after reaching the police car, she looked back and to her surprise she saw the most horrifying sight ever. Her husband was headless on the car and on top of him was a creature with the most hideous description a human could imagine.
Author's Note : I'm not really fond of this story and I don't see the truth in it. To me it's just a myth.

3b- The Yellow Volkswagen.
This is not a story but an event that most users of Karak may have encounter. While cruising down the highway, some drivers would spot a yellow Volkswagen driving slowly infront of them. Like other drivers out there, people would overtake it right? But the strange thing is after you overtake the wagen, the same yellow car would appear again infront of you driving slow making you overtake them again. Lets say if you do so again, you will see the yellow Volkswagen infront of you again. As long as you keep overtaking the car, the same car would appear infront of you.
Author's Note : I've experienced this firsthand so for me, I believe this story is true.

3c-  The Pontianak Sighting.
Before I proceed, I would like to explain what Pontianak is. Pontianak is the Malaysian depiction of the western Vampires. It is a female figure wearing a white cloth over her body with long hair stretching from the head to the waist line.
This story is actually about the sighting of this female figure alongside the highway. One fateful night, I was on my way to Cherating with a few friends and as I was driving down the highway, I could swear that I caught a glimpse of a white figure standing on the left side of the road multiple times. Forgetting the taboo set by the old folks of my race, I asked my friend on the passenger's seat beside me whether he can see the white figure or not. Like I said, being a taboo that I'm not supposed to initiate any topic regarding ghostly matter if you see one, I heard a sudden screeching laughter from the outside. After saying a few prayers, the laughter stopped and everything went back to normal. Not only me, if you make some research, you can find that other people had also experienced the same thing.
Author's Note : It was freaking scary... :| 

#4- Victoria Institution, Bukit Nenas, Kuala Lumpur


For some male teenagers, the name Victoria Institution (V.I) might be a familiar name. The foundation for the school was laid 1893 and it was finally finished in 1984. It was a secondary school for boys only and the education there was phenomenal.
Like all of the places in this post, there's a side story not everyone knows but maybe the students knows.

Despite it's wonderful reputation on academic and curriculum, V.I is not excused from the normal paranormal activities sighting on other places. 

According to witnesses and bystanders, they would sometimes see a figure of a lady walking around the school. According to one of the sources on the internet, in 2005 a band member went missing and was found on a water tank admitting that the last thing he remember was seeing the lady and saying that he was possessed.
There was also a story about toilet 206, where they would sometimes see blood flowing down the walls and such.
They would also sometimes see a dead body hanging out of nowhere and there were also stories about people hearing the sound of army marching. I think they say it was the Japanese army.

#5- Deadly Junction, Georgetown, Penang

Copyright © of the photo is on the photo itself. No infringement intended. 

This is one of the places known for the name it is given.
According to certain sources, this T-Junction is located beside a Union High School.
The story is that many accidents had happen in this area and also there is an unknown tree that looks like a lady carrying a child right beside the road. Some says that that particular “lady tree with the child” screams in the middle of the night. Based on passer by’s opinion, the lady use to be a witch who kidnapped her sister’s son. Some also said that spiritual influences were the cause of accidents at the junction. It's hard for people to believe I guess but the tree does exist. Whoever has the chance to visit Penang, take some time off and visit this place.

#6- Kellie's Castle, Batu Gajah, Perak


Kellie's Castle (sometimes also called Kellie's Folly) is located near Batu Gajah, and is about 20 minutes' drive from Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia. The unfinished, ruined mansion, was built by a Scottish planter named William Kellie Smith. According to differing accounts, it was either a gift for his wife or a home for his son.
Despite being a tourist attraction, there had been a lot of sightings where people would see a guy and claiming that it is William Kellie. 
There are also stories where people would see a figure of a young girl running around the so proclaimed castle.
For those thrill seeker around, you people could give Kellie Castle a visit at night since there's a "Paranormal Night Tour: Unlocking Factual Mysteries".
I think it is RM80 per person. To know more about it, give it a search on google. :3

#7- Bukit Tunku, Kuala Lumpur


This is one of the high end housing areas in Kuala Lumpur. The area is pretty much covered with huge trees and little mountains. Bungalows are built in the particular area.
The story began a few years back, there were two motorcyclist racing their way in that area and one of them crashed and died on the spot while making a sharp turn. Since then, there were rumors going around about sighting of a motorcyclist at high speed which mysteriously vanish in the dark.
I've never experience this myself yet but if this were to happen to me, I would be dead out of the shock. Hahahaha! 

#8- Villa Nabila, Johor Baru, Johor


I think based on the first post of this blog, you guys can already guess what is the story about this villa. There were a lot of speculations about what was going on like I said on the previous post. The speculation that I myself find believable and acceptable to my own mind is that there was a married couple and their daughter named Nabila lived happily there. One fateful night, the family was robbed and Nabila was raped countless of times before being murdered and buried deep within the foundation walls of the house. Ever since then, there had been sightings of a ghastly figure of a girl and lots of mysterious event happened during the process of demolishing the building.
Like other stories, there had been lots of speculations. You guys can go ahead and have a look around the web for the other stories.

#9- Mona Fendi's Bungalow, Section 12, Shah Alam


For those who haven't heard about Mona Fendi, she was the shaman(bomoh) who allegedly used black arts to help politicians gain immortality and power. She was convicted and hanged for killing Batu Talam assemblyman Datuk Mazlan Idris in a black magic ceremony gone wrong in 1993. Mazlan’s body was found decapitated and hacked into 18 parts in a hole near Mona’s uncompleted house in Raub, Pahang.
The house attracted many paranormal hunters after she uttered her famous last lines before her hanging: “I will never die.” Never completed, only concrete pillars are left of the house now.
Lately, stories of Mona haunting the Raub lock-up, where she was initially held after her arrest, have been circulating online. Witnesses claimed they heard crying, felt someone breathing down their neck and as if they were being watched.
Despite the Raub house, she also had another house in Section 12, Shah Alam. I've been there a few times and the atmosphere was definitely not welcoming. There was a funny aroma flying through the air and I did saw a shadowy figure in red dress at the window. 
If any of you want to visit this place, I recommend going with a large group of friends. Since the place is very dark and it is very not welcoming.
I promise you, you will get the fear of your lifetime being there.

#10- Highland Tower, Bukit Antarabangsa, Kuala Lumpur


The infamous Highland Towers! One of the three main blocks crumbled down to mother Earth on December 18th, 1993 taking with it 48 victims on that fateful day. Since then, stories of weird dogs chasing cars in the middle of the night and youngsters being possessed while ghost hunting circulated like wildfire until today. Even the police wouldn't dare to go on a patrol there at night!
The best one I know was when I myself went there with a few friends. To be precise, there were 3 of us and we entered Tower 2. On our way up, I think we stopped at level 5 and entered one of the houses right beside the stairs. Obviously the elevators were out of date and not operable. In the house, we began walking with our torchlights lit since it was dark. As we were discovering the wreckage, my friend (lets call him Jay) suddenly felt a tap on his shoulder and screamed suddenly. My other friend (lets call this one Kay) rushed to Jay's side and asked him what was wrong. At that time my torchlight caught a glimpse of an old lady holding a baby infront of us. I didn't really remember what happened but Kay started feeling his shoulder being sore. I looked at him and flashed my flashlight in his direction and I saw something sitting over him. I started praying and suddenly I heard a voice speaking to me "Keluar sekarang(Get out now)". I pinched Jay to snap him out of his fear state and I pulled Kay out of the room. We ran down the stairs and without noticing, we were already outside the compound beside my car. I didn't know what really happened but I think the voice I heard was a guardian angel trying to save me from being possessed or what so ever. If you guys want to experience what  I experienced, give it a try but don't forget to bring some religious stuffs like the Holy Quran or The Bible or The Torat Moshe or anything. Just to be safe that is.





I guess that's it for now? I've done a full research on each of these places especially the ones that I haven't experienced. The ones that I've experienced full hand is an experience that I don't know how else to describe it.
So if any of you have any nightmares or anything, just remember that god is always with you as long you believe. Just pray and I hope that everything goes well.
That's all for now folks! Till the next post people!! :)

Yours Truly,








This is not my real signature. It is just the official signature used for this blog and this blog alone.

Copyright © 2015, belongs to cyhalim.blogspot.com .


1 comment:

  1. Every Malaysians will sure know that these all are some the well known haunted places in Malaysia. You forgot to say Berjaya Times Square Hotel, its land was used to be the graveyard for prisoners at Pudu's Prison. There are others you leave out but it will be very long so I stop here :)

    ReplyDelete